Database to comprise hundreds of high-quality supplies together with polymers, metals and composites, serving to a number of main solvers
Altair has launched the Altair Materials Knowledge Heart, a contemporary, complete and high-fidelity materials database for simulation. It consists of correct knowledge and knowledge lineage for metals, plastics and composites, and straight connects with Altair’s and different main solvers.
The launch of the Altair Materials Knowledge Heart, now mixed with M-Base’s plastic materials database, permits Altair to supply the crucial complete materials data and infrastructure wanted to foretell and optimise product efficiency by means of simulation. It permits designers, engineers, and scientists to discover supplies – together with structural, fatigue, fluid/thermal, electromagnetic properties, in addition to manufacturing course of particular knowledge – in a standalone utility or by means of the interface of Altair simulation and optimisation instruments.
“Altair Materials Knowledge Heart is one more compelling answer to assist our clients save time, cash, and enhance product innovation and efficiency all through the whole lifecycle of improvement and manufacturing,” mentioned James R. Scapa, founder and chief govt officer, Altair. “We’ve established sturdy relationships with materials producers and now with the acquisition of M-Base, we’ve expanded our presence within the plastics trade.”
The Altair Materials Knowledge Heart affords:
- Complete materials data administration system – entry to supplies knowledge for metals, polymers and composites, together with datasheets, uncooked knowledge, and solver playing cards with full traceability again to the provider supply, making certain legitimate assumptions and consistency throughout groups.
- Versatile accessibility and scalability – clients can seamlessly entry the Altair Materials Knowledge Heart as a SaaS answer hosted by Altair or privately to handle proprietary data inside the answer.
- Intuitive person expertise – easy web-based interface to intuitively browse, search, view, and examine materials knowledge.
- Complete simulation-centric knowledge views – materials playing cards will be shortly and simply generated for Altair and all main solvers.
- Clean integration – by means of an open API, the Altair Materials Knowledge Heart can combine with any desktop/solver for non-disruptive workflow.
- Broad and deep partnerships – sturdy relationships with materials producers, making certain correct, high-quality, and up-to-date materials data
- Collaboration – materials specialists can collaborate on the fabric curation course of earlier than it’s revealed within the Altair Materials Knowledge Heart for enterprise-wide domain-specific entry.
“Baosteel is proud to collaborate with Altair to deeply combine our materials knowledge into the digital improvement technique of automotive trade customers whereas making certain the information is well accessible by way of Altair merchandise and different generally used CAE software program with out complicated knowledge processing,” mentioned Dr Changwei Lian, senior researcher, Baosteel Group Company. “Having our high-quality materials knowledge included within the Altair Materials Knowledge Heart will present fast and handy entry to our newest analysis outcomes and the correct utility knowledge reflecting the efficiency of Baosteel merchandise.”
“We’re extraordinarily excited to have SABIC’s polymer materials knowledge included within the Altair Materials Knowledge Heart,” mentioned Subhransu S. Mohapatra, materials knowledge chief, specialities, SABIC. “Altair clients will now have the power to entry SABIC’s materials engineering knowledge to additional improve the depth and high quality of knowledge required for manufacturing simulation.”