Venmo is a great app for sending money from one person to another, but some people have had trouble figuring out how to get funds from Venmo without a bank account. Lucky for us, we now know the answer!
When you set up the Venmo app, you have to link it to a bank account. But you don’t have to use this account for future transactions because there’s another way of getting money out of your Venmo account.
Is a debit card the way of getting money from Venmo if you don’t have a bank account?
You got it right!
The debit card that comes with Venmo is easy to use. You can apply for it easily through the mobile app, and it will be sent right to your door.
Now, if you’re wondering why you’d want this piece of plastic, here’s why!
- Venmo debit cards can be used to pay online at a number of stores and websites.
- It can also be used to pay bills in person at a store.
- You won’t have to pay any extra money to get the debit.
- It lets you get cash from an ATM or ask for money in person at different places.
You should put this card throughout your wallet for so many reasons!
Also, you can get funds from Venmo even if you don’t have a bank account.
So, if you are at least 18 years old, a legal US resident, and have a US-based cellphone, see nothing stopping you from getting the card right away!
How to Apply for a Venmo debit card through the mobile app?
- You can use the mobile app to apply for a Venmo debit card.
- Open the app & tap on the three bars in the top right corner of the screen.
- Then look for the choice that says “Venmo debit card.” It would take you right to the form for getting a card.
- Fill out this online form with the necessary information about yourself. Then, you have to include government IDs like a Social Security card, driver’s license, tribal Identity card, etc.
- Fill out the form and upload a clear, high-quality photo of yourself.
After you send in the application, you might just have to wait up to two weeks for a card to arrive if it is approved.
If it takes longer than that, you can call Venmo’s customer service center.
With a Venmo debit card, you don’t have to pay any fees each month or when you apply for it.
Note: You need to remember that each time you take money out of an ATM, it will cost you $2.50. There are also $3.00 fees for cash withdrawals at the counter.
Is it possible to add money to a Venmo debit card after it’s been used up?
There are three ways to add money to your Venmo account or add money to your debit card. Some of these ways are more useful than others.
- Direct transfer from bank to bank.
- Put the money on the debit card directly.
- Online check deposit into the Venmo account
Bank-to-bank money transfers are a great way to add money to your account or to get money from friends or family.
- Sign in to your Venmo account and click on the tab that says “Manage balance.”
- Then, enter the sum of money you want to send and click “Done.”
- Go back to pick which account to connect to. Click Next after tapping Add Bank.
- Check the information you’ve given and decide if you want to send the money straight away.
You can also use direct deposit or deposit a check online as an alternative. Right away, direct reserves to the card would be possible. To finish the transfer, you only need to give the routing number as well as the account number.
If you’d rather start an online check deposit, you can do so again with the Venmo app.
- Sign in to your account by clicking on “Manage Balance.”
- Then, tap Cash a Check and enter the sum of money you want to deposit.
- When you tap Deposit the check, the money will be sent to your Venmo account.
How much can I spend with my Venmo debit card?
Venmo has set a number of limits so that you can’t spend more than you have in your account and so that if someone else gets access to your account, they can’t do too much damage.
The most important limit for card users to know is how much money they can take out of an ATM or get over the counter. In both cases, you can cash out no more than $400 per day.
Aside from that, Venmo lets you send up to $6999.99 per week if you have a verified account and a much smaller amount if you don’t.
Want to turn off the debit card? How does that work?
When the card is no longer useful, you can turn it off. Also, you should turn off the card if you lose it or if someone steals it.
- You can do this by logging in to your mobile app and tapping on Settings.
- Then click on Venmo debit card and press the button that says “deactivate.”
You can also have it turned off by calling the Venmo customer service line at 855-204-4090.
A debit card that has already expired doesn’t need to be turned off because it will be turned off on its own. The Venmo debit card has an expiration date that cardholders are told about two months before the date.
Also, if you haven’t used a card for more than 3 months and it hasn’t expired yet, Venmo will turn it off for you even if it hasn’t. For reactivation, you would have to do at least one transaction right away.
Before you leave,
Venmo is a great app for sending money from one person to another. It came out in 2009, and both debit cards and mobile banking can be used with it. You can get the Venmo app on both Android and Apple phones and use it.
Also, it is a completely safe platform that makes sure your money is protected by the FDIC. You can use it without worry or risk to your security to shop online or in stores, pay bills online, get cash from an ATM, and do other things.
If you don’t have a bank account, you can use your Venmo debit card to get cash or move money to another account.
This article should have answered all of your questions about how to send money from Venmo without a bank account. I’m looking forward to reading your reviews in the section for comments.