Grocery stores, gas stations, and many other places you must frequently visit accept payments with Apple Pay. But does Walmart accept Apple Pay as well? We’re here just to find out the answer to that.
For a variety of reasons, Walmart doesn’t really accept Apple Pay. However, you can utilize the Walmart Pay app or the ibotta extension enabling contactless Apple Pay payments.
Is Apple Pay Accepted at Walmart? Walmart’s Apple Pay Rules
By 2021, Walmart will no longer accept Apple Pay at any of its outlets due to a change in policy. Don’t worry, you can still use Walmart Pay on your iPhone to make payments.
Why Does Walmart Disallow Apple Pay?
Walmart no longer accepts alternative forms of electronic payment for a variety of reasons.
Most initially believed it was because the business wanted customers to utilize Walmart Pay, which it had recently launched.
However, it turns out that even before the introduction of Walmart Pay, Walmart had discontinued accepting Apple Pay as just a form of payment.
It turned out that they had a contract with a business called MCX, which stands meaning Merchant Customer Exchange. MCX is a fierce rival to Apple Pay but only accepts payment methods that use the QR code scanning technique.
The final factor affecting Walmart’s profit margin is the processing costs charged by third-party payment systems like Apple Pay.
How Do You Set Up Walmart Pay On Your iPhone?
Walmart has introduced Walmart Pay to make life easier for iPhone users. It is incredibly simple to use and set up. Please stay still as we will walk you through the entire procedure!
- The “Walmart” app must first be downloaded from the app store. Both iPhones & Android phones can use it.
- Use a valid email address to register for the free account.
- You must connect your credit or debit card to Walmart Pay after signing up.
- Visit Account.
- Select Payment Method, then tap the Plus icon to add the necessary card.
- Choose between touch ID and facial ID and set up a pin code.
Gift cards can be added as a payment option, and you can link multiple cards with your Walmart Pay account.
Use of Walmart Pay
You can now pay for your purchases anywhere at Walmart with Walmart Pay.
- At the self-checkout station or the register, tally up your purchases.
- Launch the Walmart Pay app.
- Once the total is displayed, scan the QR code.
- Enter your pin code or use Touch ID to confirm.
- Pay with an app and confirm.
You will receive a receipt with a special barcode for your transaction at the end.
What Other Payment Methods Does Walmart Accept?
Walmart accepts a variety of other forms of payment in addition to Walmart Pay, including the ones listed below:
- a Visa card
- Credit Cards
- Starbucks Card
Exists a Different Way to Use Apple Pay @ Walmart?
There is a way to utilize Apple Pay if you feel comfortable doing so and wouldn’t want to use Walmart Pay or any other choice.
You must utilize the Ibotta third-party app.
It simply functions as a cashback & rewards payment software that offers 2% cash back on every purchase, allowing you to save money when shopping at different retailers.
Using Ibotta and Apple Pay
- The Ibotta app must be installed on your iPhone.
- Connect it to your Apple Pay account.
- Afterward, choose Apple Pay as your payment option in the Ibotta app whenever you shop at Walmart.
This approach is effective, but it has a serious flaw. Ibotta is not compatible with all locations or all of the products at Walmart. These permissible things must be located in advance.
Stores That Accept Contactless Payments With Apple Pay
Whatever, you can still use Apple Pay to pay for clothes, groceries, or entertainment at hundreds of locations around the country even if Walmart doesn’t accept it. The following well-known companies and merchants accept Apple Pay:
- Pharmacy CVS
- Keep Mart
- Maxx Food
- Buy n Save
- Market Whole Foods